Just like everywhere else in the world, some Istanbul taxi drivers have several tricks up their sleeve to hustle unaware tourists. The most common practice is to extend the travel duration by making (huge) unnecessary detours. And since you’re not an Istanbulite, they’re pretty confident that you wouldn’t notice — and you won’t! But with this list of Istanbul taxi fares from Taksim and Sultanahmet to the most common tourist destinations, you are sure to pay the correct cab fare!
Istanbul Taxi Flat Rate and Increments
- When you enter the taxi, the driver will activate the meter. The display should read 9,8 TL — the current flat rate.
- This fare is incremented with approximately 6,3 TL every kilometer.
- If a taxi gets caught up in traffic and doesn’t move or has to wait on your behalf for over 5 minutes, 0,8 TL will be added per minute.
- The minimum fare is 28 TL (to prevent people taking taxis for too short distances)
- If your taxi has to pay toll to cross a bridge (8,25 TL each way), use a tunnel or use certain highways, that price will be added to the fare on the meter. However, you should not be charged for his route back.
- There used to be a night and day rate, but that has been abolished. Don’t let him tell you different!
Istanbul Taxi Fares from the New Istanbul Airport
- to Sultanahmet — 337 TL (best case scenario, low density traffic)
- to Taksim — 262 TL (best case scenario, low density traffic)
- Here’s an overview of all options on how to get to your hotel from the New Istanbul Airport.
Istanbul Taxi Fares from the Sahiba Gökçen Airport
- to Sultanahmet — 309 TL (plus bridge or tunnel toll)
- to Taksim — 268 TL (plus bridge or tunnel toll)
- Shocking fares, right? Here are better options on how to get from the Sabiha Gökçen Airport to your hotel!
Istanbul Taxi Fares from Sultanahmet (and vice versa)
- to Akmerkez Shopping Mall — 85 TL
- to Bebek — 104 TL
- to Beşiktaş — 63 TL
- to BuzAda — 92 TL
- to Cehavir Shopping Mall — 54 TL
- to Dolmabahçe Palace — 48 TL
- to Fatih — 38 TL
- to Galata Tower — 48 TL
- to İstiniye Park Shopping Mall — 111 TL
- to Kadıköy — 145 TL (plus bridge toll)
- to Kanyon Shopping Mall — 79 TL
- to Metrocity Shopping Mall — 79 TL
- to Nişantaşı — 60 TL
- to Ortaköy — 79 TL
- to Pierre Loti Cafe — 60 TL
- to Rumeli Hisarı — 117 TL
- to Taksim — 41 TL
- to Yıldız Park — 73 TL
Istanbul Taxi Fares from Taksim (and vice versa)
- to Akmerkez Shopping Mall — 67 TL
- to Bebek — 79 TL
- to Beşiktaş — 26 TL (minimum fare)
- to BuzAda — 60 TL
- to Cehavir Shopping Mall — 35 TL
- to Dolmabahçe Palace — 28 TL (minimum fare)
- to Fatih — 44 TL
- to Galata Tower — 38 TL
- to İstiniye Park Shopping Mall — 101 TL
- to Kadıköy — 123 TL (plus bridge toll)
- to Kanyon Shopping Mall — 70 TL
- to Metrocity Shopping Mall — 70 TL
- to Nişantaşı — 29 TL
- to Ortaköy — 54 TL
- to Pierre Loti — 123 TL
- to Rumeli Hisarı — 73 TL
- to Sultanahmet — 41 TL
- to Yıldız Park — 41 TL
Please Use Common Sense
- Print or copy this list prior to your departure for Istanbul. You may not be able to browse this site while you’re in the taxi.
- These fares are indications based on rides I took myself. They are correct and up-to-date, but Istanbul road conditions change every day. Don’t argue with your driver or call for the police unless the meter shows a significant deviation from the fare mentioned here.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission to keep the site ad free. I only recommend products and companies I use or have used.