I focus here on useful and practical information about things to see and do in Istanbul. This means that I don’t want to reiterate the (already well known) history about the many sightseeing spots. Instead, I focus on practical tips for visiting the numerous places of interest. These include the best way to reach some places, money-saving tips, etc. In the Locals Share section, locals let you in on their favorite places to visit, shop, wine, and dine.
- Places of Interest
- What Bosphorus Cruise Tour to Take in Istanbul?
- Why and How Should You Visit the Princes’ Islands in Istanbul?
- Is Büyükada the Only Princes’ Island of Istanbul I Should Visit?
- Where to See the Whirling Dervishes in Istanbul?
- Whirling Dervishes Ceremony at Hodjapasha Cultural Center Review
- The Basilica Cistern, the Coolest Spot in Town
- Don’t Miss the 360º Panoramic View from Istanbul’s Galata Tower
- Big Bus Istanbul Gets You Up to Speed
- Rhythm of The Dance Show at Hodjapasha Cultural Center Review
- Is the Asian Side of Istanbul Worth Visiting — Part 1
- Is the Asian Side of Istanbul Worth Visiting — Part 2
- Why Madame Tussauds Istanbul Is Worth a Visit – Even with Kids
- Bebek, Istanbul’s Trendy Village Along the Bosphorus
- Istanbul Aquarium, a Spectacular Tourist Attraction
- Don’t Miss the International Tulip Festival
- The Jewish Community and Notable Synagogues in Istanbul
- What to Expect When Visiting a Turkish Bath or Hamam?
- Things You Did Not Know About Turkish Baths or Hamams
- Top Hotel Pools in Istanbul